‘Transform your world’, 8 december
DSGC, EFR and SDG Charter organize event aiming at concerted action to achieve the UN SDG's
In September 2015, leaders from all around the world agreed that we need to “Transform our World”. They even settled on the to-do list: the Sustainable Development Goals. Importantly, they acknowledged that we can only succeed if we work together: governments, private sector, non-governmental organisations, philanthropy, knowledge institutes, and citizens.
We want to invite you to gather around the SDGs on December 8 and work out action plans for national and international achievement of the SDGs. We offer you a platform to build on the many activities that you already have underway, link those so we can reinforce each other, and agree on the next steps. Let’s transform our world together!
The aim is to have by the end of the day:
- Plan for joint action on national priority SDGs
- Solution partnerships of SDG Charter partners
- Solutions by students for SDG challenges as presented by DSGC companies
What to expect?
During the day students and invitees from the different organizations will work together in workshops to start alliances between all the different kinds of people that are represented during the day. After the workshops there will be a general interactive discussion where you can discuss your ideas for the world with the people that are main responsible for implementing the SDGs.
The special guests for the general interactive discussion are:
- Feike Sijbesma: CEO DSM, initiator of the Dutch SDG Charter
- Paul Polman: CEO Unilever, UN SDG Advocate
- Frans van Houten: CEO Phillips
- Marjan van Loon: President-Director Shell NL
- Lilianne Ploumen: Dutch minister for foreign trade and development cooperation
- Bart Romijn: Director Partos
- David Nabarro: UN Special Advocate for the SDGs, t.b.c
- Jan Peter Balkenende: Chair of the Dutch Sustainable Growth Coalition
- Hans de Boer: Chairman VNO-NCW