Action is needed for climate change
- Today, 7 February 2019, Dutch students demonstrate for Climate Action, a SDG that gets warm support of the DSGC. Climate change is a global topic and action is needed at a global, national and sub-national level.
The clock is ticking for achieving Sustainable Development Goals
- Businesses are working towards the United Nations' seventeen Sustainable Development Goals. This is clearly shown by a progress report by Global Compact Network Netherlands, presented today at the Erasmus University in Rotterdam. Close to 90% of its members are aware of the importance of the goals and communicates about them, an increase of 21% compared to a year before.
DSGC to endorse Alliance of CEO Climate Leaders
- This week, just before COP24 in Poland, the CEO Climate Alliance, an informal group of CEOs facilitated by the World Economic Forum, has issued an open letter to world leaders. It is published on the website of the World Economic Forum and distributed to all key media. In addition, a targeted social media campaign is taking place, targeting COP24 attendees in particular.
DSGC connects with young professionals to increase the impact on SDGs
- DSGC received 200 bright young international delegates attending the One Young World (OYW) Summit in The Hague on 19 October 2018. During a community dinner Dutch Executives met the international delegates to exchange views on topics related to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and to create impactful connections.
Five DSGC companies in Dow Jones Sustainability Index
- Today the annual review of the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes (DSJI) is announced. 14 Dutch companies are represented on the list among which five DSGC companies: AkzoNobel, DSM, Philips, Shell and Unilever.
Milestone for Dutch Wind Consortium
- The Dutch Wind Consortium, including DSGC members AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals, DSM and Philips, received its first power from the new Dutch wind farm Bouwdokken, a milestone achievement resulting from a unique green energy purchasing consortium.
WEF highlights from DSGC companies
- This article highlights the main commitments and new partnerships made at the World Economic Forum (WEF) in Davos by DSGC companies. The WEF took place from 23-26 January, bringing together leaders from governments, businesses, NGOs and young professionals. This year, the theme was ‘Creating a Shared Future in a Fractured World.’
Paul Polman, CEO Unilever, on the opportunity of sustainability
- Polman talked with Harvard Business Review (HBR) about his company’s sustainability efforts as part of The Future Economy Project, an HBR initiative that shares real-world lessons on sustainability leadership for all.
DSM wins Management Scope Corporate Impact Award
- On September 12, DSGC member Feike Sijbesma (CEO of DSM), received the first Managament Scope Corporate Impact Award from Peter Blom, CEO of Triodos Bank. The Impact Index is an initiative in collaboration between Management Scope, Erasmus University and Accenture Strategy and ranks the top 100 Dutch companies on positive societal impact.
Choose for climate action!
- In the run-up to the Dutch elections in March, Frans van Houten (Philips), Feike Sijbesma (DSM), Paul Polman (Unilever) and Hans de Boer (VNO-NCW), members of DSGC, have joined in the campaign ‘Choose for climate action’.